In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, a directory has been compiled for Hall Green and the whole of Birmingham, including essential support services and activities for older adults. The directory includes support for food, befriending, mental health, financial advice and much more.
We hope that this directory will be of use to local citizens as well as health and social care teams, professionals and practitioners working in Hall Green and community groups and organisations.
Using the buttons below you can download the Hall Green specific parts of the directory, listing services and support available as at July 2020.
If you are currently operating and providing services for older adults in Hall Green and are not already included in the directory, please get in touch with us by emailing HallGreenNNSTeam@accordgroup.org.uk.
Hall Green NNS is working in partnership with two organisations to provide Covid-19 Community Hubs offering direct support to individuals seven days a week.
The hubs will provide a local community help point for anyone aged 50+ who is struggling at home and is in need of support.
The Muath Trust is coordinating and delivering community Covid-19 relief and support for older people living in the areas of Sparkbrook, Balsall Heath East, Balsall Health West and Sparkhill. The support they are providing includes:
- Delivery of shopping, prescriptions and essential provisions
- Hot meals are provided once a week to vulnerable adults (50+) who don’t have regular hot meals
- If you are struggling financially, food parcels can be arranged
- Wellbeing checks can be carried out if you are concerned about a family member or a friend
- Advice on welfare, benefits and Covid-19 related issues
- Befriending services
- Support can be provided in a number of languages including Arabic, Urdo, Punjabi and Bengali
You can contact The Muath Trust by calling 07547 249 659 (seven days a week) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Moseley Community Development Trust is providing similar services across Moseley, Hall Green, Kings Heath and Brandwood:
- Food shopping or errands
- Prescription pick up
- Food parcel advice
- Neighbourhood connection and befriending.
You can contact Moseley Community Development Trust by calling 07796 668 257 (seven days a week) or by emailing email@example.com.